Monday 13 April 2015

Terror Management Theory project

I have a few weeks left for this module and I have been exploring death imagery. This has evolved into exploring a psychological concept called Terror Management Theory that I looked at whilst writing my dissertation. The theory involves looking at how humans possess a psychological conflict resulting from having a desire to live but realising that death is inevitable. To remove the anxiety about the knowledge of death humans create cultures which are symbolic systems that act to provide life with meaning and value. Examples of these are religion, national identity, having children, the desire to leave a legacy, feeling of superiority to animals.

My aim is to create 2-3 editorial illustrations about Terror Management Theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment